EverlastingKnowItAll

Monday, December 05, 2005

First In Line

What's one of the first things you learn as a little kid when it comes to traffic safty? Always look both ways before crossing the street.

Unfortunatly, as we grow older and get to drive cars ourselves, we tend to forget this rule when we're sitting in our "indestructable" box of sheet metal and fiber glass.

When you're first in line at a red light and it turns green, please think back to that early lesson of childhood. I'm not saying the wreck I witnessed in front of me this morning would have surely been avoided if the person opposite from me would have paid better attention to this golden rule of traffic, but I saw the truck coming from my right when the light turned green and I stayed put. Too bad for that red mini-van...

Obviously this is the idiot pickup driver's fault, but let that be a lesson to you, don't trust other drivers. If you count on other drivers to watch out for you, you're bound to be that red mini-van some day.

Thankfully there were no injuries this time.




© 2005 - ByteMe Design
eXTReMe Tracker