EverlastingKnowItAll

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Move Prep

So I finished packing up my desk today and although it was a pain in the ass, it actually turned out to be a happy experience. Here's a list of presents I received from myself while cleaning up:

  • My long lost scissors (both pairs!)
  • $50 gift certificate to Amazon
  • $5 gift card for Blockbuster (whoopee, I hate BB)
  • $25 uncashed rebate check
  • $25 uncashed personal check (probably too late for this one)
  • $10.67 in loose change
  • 4 network cables (I've been looking for a cable for the past 3 weeks)
  • My favorite Donald Rumsfeld quote - Reports that say something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know.
  • A big astrological profile of myself I printed out a few years back. It's pretty cool so I think I'll transcribe it, look for that in a later post (maybe).

Pretty much everybody is moving and I just noticed that one of my neighbors has all this Chlorox stuff and is totally cleaning her area. Am I bad for leaving dust bunnies all over the place for the next guy that inhabits this corner of the office? Oh well, too late now. I suppose I could always go and interrupt her to borrow some, but I'm having too much fun living in the moment and watching her clean (sorry, I am a guy). She's pretty darn easy on the eyes (which, believe me, is an extreme rarity around here), I'm rather bummed I won't have my chance encounters with her in the hallway anymore. I'm sure I'm not lucky enough to have her move to the same new location as me. I'm doomed to be surrounded with a room full of extremely dorky guys. And not the good dorky.




© 2005 - ByteMe Design
eXTReMe Tracker