EverlastingKnowItAll

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Dead Chick

I've been putting off this review for over a week now so it's about time I got too it. I'm no movie critic but I'll throw out my thoughts anyway.

So I finally went to see Tim Burton's latest, Corpse Bride. I'll just start by saying that although I think the story was decent and the animation was excellent, if you're not a Tim Burton fan, you probably won't like this one. But then, I know a lot of people really liked it. However I'm a huge Tim Burton fan and based on his other work it left me a bit wanting. As I said the story was good, the animation was good, but I left the theater feeling like the film was just...rushed. Now I'm not a fan of dragging out movies just to drag them out, nothing's worse than seeing a movie and going "okay, that could have been done in 15 minutes", but this one really could have used some more depth.

The one thing that really amazes me about his stop motion films is the character design. He's an absolute genius when it comes to portreying personality through appearance alone. I knew everying about each of the characters from the moment I first saw them. Brilliant work.

I give it 3 out of 5 Nerds  


Just for shits and grins, here's my Tim Burton top 10*:

  1. Edward Scissorhands
  2. The Nightmare Before Christmas
  3. Sleepy Hollow
  4. Big Fish
  5. Corpse Bride
  6. Batman Returns (Catwoman)
  7. Batman
  8. Ed Wood
  9. Mars Attacks
  10. Beetle Juice**
*I haven't seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
**Sorry, not a Geena Davis fan***
***Nor Alec Baldwin




© 2005 - ByteMe Design
eXTReMe Tracker