EverlastingKnowItAll

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn

AFI's top 100 movie quotes was on tonight and apparently I'm a sucker for those count-down shows, so I watched it. It turned out to be quite entertaining as well as very eye opening. What the hell is wrong with movies these days? The past 10 years worth of writing only produced 4 quotes which made the list:
  • #100 - "I'm king of the world" - 1997

  • #85 - "My precious" - 2002

  • #44 - "I see dead people" - 1999

  • #25 - "Show me the money" - 1996

And even those are arguably not all that great, when compared to the rest of the list. Plus LOTR really doesn't count since the story was written back in the 50's. *sigh* Such a sad state we're in these days.

The biggest disappointment for me was "Here's Johnny!" coming in at #68. That should have been at least top 50, probably top 25. Oh, and the complete lack of any Ferris Bueller. Or Swingers...that one had a much better "money" line IMHO.

So quick survey of the , er, two people that read this, any good quotes from recent movies? It's late, I'm drawing a blank.




© 2005 - ByteMe Design
eXTReMe Tracker