EverlastingKnowItAll

Thursday, June 16, 2005

My, what cool eyes you have!

So I finally went to see Star Wars Ep. III over lunch today. Here's a brainwave, I ought to start a Weekly Last thing for discussing everything that I've been the last too. Or even better, maybe shorten the blog name to just Everlast. But then I'd be a cheesy band...

Back to the point, I am certainly glad I went to the matinee, $16.50 for one person, thank you very much. I'm not quite sure it was worth even that little, between my popmush and the outstandingly awful acting. Apparently Washington isn't all hip with the whole "butter it yourself" popcorn concept. And as luck would have it, "a little butter please" is actually a code phrase for I want to see my kernels floating.

Overall I'd have to say the storyline was worth the ticket price and most of the visual effects were pretty good. But I was a little surprised at how CGI some of it did look for coming from Lucas Arts. It was definitely cool to finally see the final transformation from light to dark. And those evil, red-yellow eyes! I sure wish they made contacts like that back in the day...before Marilyn Manson came along and made that kind of thing lame.




© 2005 - ByteMe Design
eXTReMe Tracker