EverlastingKnowItAll

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Peer Pressure's a Bitch

Okay, okay, I'm giving in to the pressure and devoting a few threads in my brain to come up with the Partner Attribute List. A PAL for my Pal's if you will. I'm sure it'll be very original and entertaining, if not trite and boring. Contrary to the usual list methodology I follow, this one is more or less in order. Read on...


  1. Intelligence: This is extremely key for me. I do not suffer fools and have little patience for stupidity and ignorance. Bearing in mind there's a huge difference between doing something stupid honestly and being honestly stupid. I suppose it boils down to the fact that if I can't have an intelligent conversation with someone, well, I'd rather be talking to myself. That being said, I'm not into walking brains either. I like people that are smart, without being smart. That probably doesn't make sense right now, so see #2.

  2. Humility: "He who is humble is confident and wise. He who brags is insecure and lacking" - Lisa Edmondson. Apply this to everything and 'nuff said.

  3. "Young": I'm not talking about age here. This stems from my grandparents, of which I had two sets. Although they were relatively all the same age, one set was "old" and the other was not. One set had fruitful and adventurous lives, the other did not. Can you guess which was which? When someone says to me, you're not acting your age, I say thank you. Be it good or bad, I am forever young at heart and crave others that are the same. Note: Not to be confused with immature. Acting young and acting immature are two completely separate things. If you disagree, well, I'm thumbing my nose at you.

  4. Supportive/Outgoing: This is really a conglomeration of a bunch of different things, but basically someone who is positive, encouraging and pretty much the opposite of me. I tend to reflect the more pessimistic sides of life and I keep pretty much to myself. Therefore I try to surround myself with people that cancel that out. Look at the people I choose to spend time with and you'll see a common theme.

  5. Sense of Humor: Read the following sentence and you'll know if you passed or not: Fart jokes are funny. (Get it...passed...oh nevermind)

  6. Uniquely Dorky: I thought and thought about this one, and there's just no way to describe it. There is too much that goes into this one and it spans too many subjects. Suffice to say, if you are, you know it. If you're not, well, you're either not a dork at all or you're a nerdy dork. If you can't describe this one in your mind, well you're not my perfect partner, and that's what we're talking about here. So there.

  7. Dedicated: Why is this towards the bottom of the list you ask? Well, as I see it, if someone makes it this far, we're probably quite compatable. Dedication should come easy. But still worth a mention.

  8. Not Annoying: This is my catch-all category just in case somebody actually makes it through the rest of the criteria that really shouldn't.

Honorable Mentions:
  • Well read - Not just books, just...everything
  • Diverse - As in enjoying many things
  • Relaxed
  • Low maintenance - Not slobbish, but definitely not flashy
  • Fun - That's it, just plain fun

So, there you have it. It took way too long, and it's probably already out of date, but hopefully it was a worthwhile read. I had to leave a few rather important things off in order to stick with 8 (sure, I kinda cheated), but best to keep 'em guessing right?




© 2005 - ByteMe Design
eXTReMe Tracker