EverlastingKnowItAll

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

You know it's going to be expensive when...

I tried out a new hair salon not too far from my office today that got voted as the best in the area. When I arrived, there was a spanking new, deep blue Lamborghini Gallardo parked out front. I had heard that the salon's prices were pretty reasonable, but upon seeing that their clientele drove $165,000 cars I was a little skeptical. Actually, truth be told, I'm pretty used to seeing super expensive cars around here now, Ferrari's are definitely not in short supply around campus, but this was the first Lamborghini I think I've ever seen in person. And it was absolutely the nicest car I've ever seen somebody drive to get their hair cut.

But my worries were unfounded as the cut only cost me $35. I know, for you Supercuts people this sounds absurd, but I'm used to paying a lot more than that for a rather average cut. My stylist, Chloé, did a superb job (reminiscent of the cuts my good pal Phil at The Parlour back in Denver used to do) and was quite easy on the eyes to boot. And, as an extra bonus, she had some sweet fingernails going on that felt oh so good doing the shampoo thing. So for me it was more than well worth it.

Since I know you're interested, the owner of the Lamborghini was probably in his late 20's early 30's and was there with one of his friends. They were totally the type of people you'd imagine in a car like that around here, way laid back and well dressed in saggy shorts, baggy button-up shirts and flip flops. They didn't have that prim snobby air about them, but they totally had that rich kid thing going on. I'm sure you know what I mean. I didn't interact with the owner at all, but the friend was pretty down to earth. He noticed that a car that was parked 2 spaces over from them had recently left and was going to have some serious issues getting home. Somehow the thing lost it's oil plug and it, along with the entire contents of the pan, was now happily pooled up in the parking lot. Ouch.

Anyway, that's all I have to say about that. Definitely top on my list of interesting hair salon visits.




© 2005 - ByteMe Design
eXTReMe Tracker