EverlastingKnowItAll

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Woe Is Me


Yes, yes, I know, "oh to have my horrible problems". But this really sucks. As many of you know, I'm on a mission to find an Xbox Premium system. I found a pre-order bundle a week ago and reserved one. Then common sense took over and I cancelled the order. It was going to cost $1000. It wasn't inflated markup, just that they made you buy a ton of extra stuff...$400 worth of game system, $600 worth of extras (read shit I don't need).

So I'm at home this morning on a conference call and the doorbell rings. I timidly walk over to the door (had a nasty migraine today) and find a box sitting for me outside. I look at it and go, oh cool, Christmas! Go back to the study, grab a knife and head back to open the box. I open it up and...oh my god, oh my god...oh FUCK! Yeah, turns out the pre-order didn't get cancelled. In the box staring right back at me was an Xbox 360 Premium system, 7 games, 2 wireless controllers and 2 Play and Charge Kits (recharge wireless controller while you continue to play). Yes, there was a bright light and the sound of angles singing when the box opened.

So, now I've got this system sitting here, exactly what I am just dying for, just blatantly mocking me. I ran through some options on what to do with it and in the end...back to eBay. I'm keeping 3 of the games (which I can't play) and hoping I can still make the full price back. But the fact remains, I've had two of these things in my hands, yet I have none. Can you freakin' believe that? I can't.

My last hope remains camping out in the Best Buy parking lot this weekend.

Yeah, woe is me. Anybody got any cheese?




© 2005 - ByteMe Design
eXTReMe Tracker